Portuguese citizens, like residents of 53 other nationalities, don’t need to get a Canadian visa when travelling to Canada. However, if you are travelling there by air, you must have an Electronic Travel Authorization visa (eTA) to Canada. ETA is almost effortless to obtain and with etacanadaonline.com you can have it in no time.
What is an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)?
ETA is an entry prerequisite for foreign travelers with visa-exempt status who wish to travel to Canada by air. The approval is electronically connected to the passport and its validity is granted for five years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first.
All that is needed to apply for an eTA visa or e-visa is an active internet connection and a valid passport.
It may take up to 10 minutes to complete the form for eTA and pay the associated handling charges. The time to receive an eTA visa is up to 72 hours.
With eTA you can go to Canada for the following:
- Tourism: Going on trips is just a click away.
- Business: If you wish to travel to Canada for business purposes, eTA can provide a hassle-free entrance for you.
- Transit: For nationals transiting through Canada, acquiring an eTA is mandatory, flights cannot be boarded without it.
Requirements for Canada eTA for the citizens of Portugal
When it comes to the necessities for the application, you don’t have anything to stress about. The list is short and the things are easy to secure.
- Passport– all applicants wishing to obtain a Canada eTA should be passport holders. However, the passport must be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada. Also, travellers must have biometric passports.
- E-mail address – while the Canada eTA is electronically linked to the passport, a copy of the authorization will be sent via e-mail.
- Means of payment – during the online application process, payment is required to be made via credit card on the platform. Or any other method of online payment available on our website. Authorization of the payment will be sent over e-mail (roughly in 2 hours) after the payment is confirmed.
In case you require any assistance at any stage you can write to us at email@example.com or call us on +44 2031 293 603. Our amiable and expert support team is always ready to help.
eTA Application Advice
- It is advisable that Portuguese citizens finish their online eTA application form, 72 hours prior to their departure date. It is also advised to review the requirements prior to starting an eTA application to avoid any delays or the risk of an eTA being refused.
- Make sure while applying for eTA Canada you provide the original and unique passport number and not any kind of another number like for instance the one from your ID.
- To get your eTA Canada granted, some additional information about occupation and some facts regarding health will need to be provided.
- In case the traveller is under 18 years old, a parent or guardian will be required to make the application.
- Some people wishing to travel to Canada are considered inadmissible on the basis of certain activities. Such activities that would deem a potential applicant as prohibited include involvement in criminal activity, human rights infringement and participation in organized crime.
- The eTA is valid for 5 years from the date it has been issued. Multiple entries to the country are allowed.
- It can be used for multiple entries; however, one stay cannot exceed 6 months at a time.
- Fast authorization and electronic delivery.
- ETA ensures a stress-free travelling experience. When our team handles your visa permit, all you have to do is plan your journey.
- A guarantee of service is granted. If your eTA application would fail to be approved, we grant reimbursement.
- A high quality service provided by professionals is another benefit of using our services.
Why should you travel to Canada?
Canadas’ diverse climate offers so many different possibilites. Travelling there throughout all of the seasons brings various attractions with it. When going in the winter time, you can try:
- skiing or snowboarding
- visiting the Ice Hotel
- dog sledding
- ice climbing
- hockey playing
While during the summer time, you can:
- admire the wild nature
- visit Canadas’ national parks
- try water sports
- hike through the country
- try outdoor camping
- try the Hot Springs
All of that and so much more waits for you to discover it. Apply online for an eTA now, and plan your dream journey!