Canadian visa for Mexican citizens
If you have come to this page, you are interested in travelling to Canada. Whether it is for the next vacation or business, you have to understand all the requirements for the Canadian visa for Mexican citizens.
It is essential to understand what the Canadian authorities are asking before you start planning the trip. Let’s see what is necessary.
First of all, it should be clarified that Canada uses the eTA program. It is an acronym for an Electronic Travel Authorization. There is no need to schedule an appointment in person for the traditional visa interview.
ETA is a type of Canadian visa that all citizens of visa waiver countries (including Mexico) must have when entering the country.
More about eTA to Canada for Mexican citizens
Electronic visa to Canada is very easy to obtain. All you have to do is to fill out an application form on our website. Click the green button, Apply Online for an eTA. Filling the application form takes about 15 minutes.
ETA to Canada is valid for 5 years from the issuing date, or until your passport expires. Whichever comes first. E-visa to Canada is a multiple entry visa, which mean that you can visit Canada numerous times within the validity period. However, one stay cannot exceed 6 months at a time.
The processing time takes up to 72 hours. Though usually, eTA is granted within a couple of minutes. ETA to Canada costs 49 Euro only.
How to apply?
The application process consists of only three simple steps:
- Apply Online: fill in an online application form, provide your data, passport details, the purpose for your travel, and an active e-mail address.
- Make the payment: pay the handling charges using a credit or debit card. Or any other convenient method of online payment.
- Check your e-mail: once your payment is registered, check your e-mail box. First, you will receive a confirmation number. Using it, you can check the status of your eTA processing. We will send eTA onto your e-mail address as well.
What requirements do I have to meet to get eTA to Canada?
Here is a brief checklist with the basic requirements you need to meet before applying:
- a valid passport: your passport has to be valid for at least 6 months ahead of the trip.
- You should not have a criminal record related to immigration crimes. If you have one, this practically cancels the request instantly.
- You should not be an illegal immigrant: the greatest fear of immigration officers is to let a person who does not plan to leave Canada at all.
- an active e-mail address (onto which eTA is sent)
Unlike many other Latin American countries, Mexico is considered a country included in the visa waiver program. Therefore, one does not need to apply for a visa to enter Canada.
However, it will be necessary to process a Canada eTA or electronic travel authorization.
It is a digital document that will be linked to your Mexican passport. The requirements of this document are relatively simple to obtain and the application process is also very affordable and fast online.
Canadian diverse climate offers endless possibilities for travellers. If you wish to discover all of them, do not hesitate and apply for eTA now.
Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.