Canadian Visa for Brazilian Citizens
According to the Canadian visa policy, most of the nationalities do not require a regular visa. If they want to visit Canada for tourism, short term business meetings or visiting their relatives, they can use eTA. Electronic Travel Authorization is an e-Visa that enables citizens from the eligible countries to cross the Canadian border.
What is an e-visa to Canada for Brazilian citizens?
Brazilian citizens are eligible to get eTA to Canada. This e-visa permit is valid for 5 years from the issuing date, or until your passport expires. It is a multiple-entry visa, which means that you can visit Canada numerous times within the validity period. However, each stay cannot be longer than 6 months at a time.
The processing time can take up to 72 hours, though usually, eTA to Canada is granted within a couple of minutes. The application process should take you less than 15 minutes to complete.
Requirements and the required documents:
Before applying, please make sure that you have:
- a valid passport: passport validity has to exceed six months ahead of the intended trip.
- an active e-mail address: onto which eTA is sent
- a clean criminal record: you cannot travel to Canada when you have committed some serious offences. Non-serious offences do not count. You can still apply with a speeding ticket.
Additional requirements for Brazilians:
Brazilian citizens can apply for eTA only under one of the following conditions:
- when they are permanent Green Card holders (have a permanent US residency)
- if they had a regular visa to Canada in the last 10 years
- if they have a non-immigrant visa to US
When you are not meeting any of the above conditions, you cannot apply for an eTA to Canada.
Process of making e-visa for Brazilian citizens
If you do meet all of the requirements, including one of the additional conditions, you may proceed with applying online.
The application process is very straightforward. To apply please follow these steps:
- Fill in an online application form. Provide your data, passport details, the purpose of your travel, and your e-mail address.
- Make a payment. Pay the handling charges (49 Euro) using any convenient to you method of online payment.
- Check your e-mail. First, you will receive the confirmation number. You can check the status of your e-visa processing using this number. Within the next 72 hours, you will get your eTA on your e-mail box as well.
Should you have any questions regarding the application process, do not hesitate to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.